How to get Canada Student Visa in 2021
When it comes to education, Canada has fast become one of the world’s best destination for quality education.
It is gathered that over 150,000 international students gain admission at Canadian universities yearly and as a matter of fact, Canada boasts 26 universities in the world’s best universities ranking list.
Studying in Canada gives international students access to free offers like grants, loans and free health care and the three priority aspects that the academic institutions in Canada focus on are scientific publications, international collaborations and of course, research.
If you’re looking to get a Canada student visa, also known as a Canadian study permit, then continue to read below as we show you how to get get Canada Student Visa.
Steps to get Canada Student Visa
1. Apply at a Canadian University
The first step to take is to seek admission into a Canadian university. Once you’re admitted, the university will issue you an acceptance letter which will be required for the Canadian study permit application.
If you’re unsure which Canadian university to apply to, below are a few we recommend:
- University of Toronto
- University of Regina
- University of Waterloo
- Conestoga College
- University of Ottawa
- University of Alberta
2). Apply for Canadian Student Visa
After getting your acceptance letter from the Canadian university, the next step is to apply for Canadian student visa (study permit).
As soon as you got the acceptance letter from the university, it is time to proceed to the next step: applying for a student visa, which is locally known as a study permit.
Below are the steps you will be required to follow:
- Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website and apply for your Canadian student visa online.
- If you’re unable to submit the required documents online, there’s an option of sending it by post.
- Provide your acceptance letter which was issued to you by a Canadian university recognized by the Canadian government
- Submit proof of sufficient funds that will cover your entire stay in Canada while studying. This includes tuition fees and living expenses.
- Submit current proof that you have no criminal record.
- Submit your complete medical examinations records that shows you are in good health.
(Required documents for the Canadian Student Visa)
- Student visa application form. Must be filled-in
- A valid international passport/travel document
- The original letter of acceptance from the recognized Canadian university
- Two recent passport photographs
- A letter of intent
- Proof of funds to support your stay in Canada during your study programme, about 10,000 – 11,000 CAD per year.
- Proof of study permit fee payment (about 150 CAD)
- Language Test Result: international students from non English-speaking countries will be required by the university to provide proof of their English Language proficiency. The accepted language tests are IELTS Academic, TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic and C1 Advanced.
3). Biometrics and Interview
Depending on which country you come from, you might be required to have your biometrics taken at the Visa Application Centre in your country. The visa centre might also call you for an interview but this depends on the individual situation of your student visa application.
4). Expect your Canadian study permit
Normally, a Canadian student visa processing takes about 90 days but could be faster in some cases which also depends on the situation in your home country.