Mako Wood Furniture Inc.
Rate of pay: $19.50/hour
Overtime: 1.5 times normal rate as per provincial regulations.
Benefits Package: 4% vacation pay will be paid each payday on a bi-weekly basis; BC Medical Services Plan payable by employee
Job Type: Full time / Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Some secondary school education is an asset but not mandatory.
Experience: Previous furniture finisher experience is an asset but not mandatory.
Number of positions available: 3
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain; then apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Set up and operate finishing machines or finish furniture by hand
- Fill and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections, and repair broken parts, using plastic or wood putty, glue, nails, and/or screws.
- Mix finish ingredients to obtain desired colors or shades.
- Remove accessories prior to finishing, and mask areas that should not be exposed to finishing processes or substances.
- Remove excess solvent, using cloths soaked in paint thinner.
- Smooth, shape, and touch-up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, chisels, sanders, or grinders.
- Select appropriate finishing ingredients such as paint, stain, lacquer, shellac, or varnish, depending on factors such as wood hardness and surface type.
- Clean and polish furniture.
- Stencil, gild, emboss, mark, or paint designs or borders to decorate new pieces.
- Recommend woods, colors, finishes, and furniture styles, using knowledge of wood products, fashions, and styles.
Note: Part-Time Candidates are welcome to apply for flexible hours.
Please read carefully before sending your cover letter and resume. In order not to waste time, we will be only contacting candidates who’s cover letters and resumes get shortlisted.
We will not accept any drop-ins or phone calls, only resumes submitted via email will be accepted. All others will not be processed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com