White Star Construction Ltd.
White Star Construction Ltd. is working in both residential and commercial construction projects.
We are looking to hire two permanent full time drywall installers and finishers for various locations across lower mainland as soon as possible.
Job Duties include:
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets.
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound.
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints.
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists.
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife.
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry.
- The positions require an experience of 1 to 2 years in drywall, taping and plastering.
- Minimum high school education is required.
- Ideal candidates should be dependable, have sound judgement, be client focused, flexible, team player and reliable.
- The incumbents should be capable of handling heavy loads (up to 50lbs), have good hand-eye co-ordination, be able to perform repetitive tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- The position is physically demanding and requires walking, bending, crouching, kneeling and manual dexterity.
- The candidates may be required to work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages, erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
- The candidate may be required to work in noisy, dusty and outdoor spaces.
Terms of Employment:
The candidates are expected to be available for work for morning and daytime. These are full time (30-40 hours per week) and permanent positions with a salary of $27.00/Hour.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job.
If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Candidates who are willing to relocate from across Canada are encouraged to apply and will be helped with the relocation costs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org