Nortek Exteriors Ltd.
Nortek Exteriors Ltd. is hiring! We are looking for one (1) permanent, full-time, experienced Roofing supervisor (NOC 7205) to join our team. Our office is located in beautiful Victoria BC with job sites located in and around the Greater Victoria area up to Nanaimo and including the Gulf islands.
NOC Group: Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers and Servicers (7219)
NOC Job Title: Roofing Supervisor
Salary: $38.00 – $40.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
Victoria, British Columbia
The role of roofing supervisor is required to perform the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and ensure productivity on installation of roofing projects, including all types of commercial and residential metal, torchon, shingles and flat roofing.
- Develop checklists or tracking system to ensure a solid work schedules is followed.
- Oversee training of workers and conduct safety meetings and workplace assessments/inspections to ensure job site is properly maintained.
- Supervise the activities of workers and inspect work in progress to determine the completion of the projects for clients.
- Create and regularly update and provide a progress report of the project for each client and ensure that the project will be completed by expected date.
- Determine, estimate and order necessary materials and supplies.
- Resolve any deficiencies, concerns or issues related to work and monitor effective use of equipment and productivity of service delivery and ensure quality of final product for customers.
The successful candidate must have:
- Secondary school
- Two (2) years working as a roofer with experience in commercial and residential roofing techniques.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience as a roofer.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Trade certification is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license considered an asset.
Wage of $ 38.00 – $40.00 per hour and, after three-month probationary period, extended health and dental benefits and WCB coverage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org